Do you live (or care for someone) with bladder weakness? Have you tracked your symptoms, but are not sure where to go from there? Or do you wonder which products for bladder weakness are the most appropriate for your specific situation?
This article is for people with bladder weakness, as well as their caregivers. Below we will break down the three levels of bladder weakness, as well as discuss the products that work best for them.
Level 1: Little Discomfort
Level 1 bladder weakness sometimes goes undiagnosed, but it is still important to recognise. If you have Level 1 bladder weakness, you…
- …have symptoms that don’t interfere with your day-to-day life.
- …go to the toilet more often, and sometimes leak a few drops.
- …want a product that discreetly protects against little leaks and odours.
Products for People with Level 1 Bladder Weakness
People with Level 1 bladder weakness often use sanitary products, or even with no products at all. But there are suitable products to manage these little leaks:
- Light liners and pads, which provide compact support for light leaks, heavy leaks, and every leak in-between. Designed to fit a purse or pocket, they are perfect for those who lead an active lifestyle.
- Male pads, which are made to fit the male anatomy. Despite their thin and light design, they offer maximum absorption thanks to their unique technology.
Level 2: Weak Bladder
Level 2 bladder weakness results in several leaks. If you have Level 2 bladder weakness, you…
- …experience frequent leaks, as well as occasional accidents.
- …have trouble controlling your bladder when it is full.
- …can live an active life, as long as you manage your bladder weakness.
Products for People with Level 2 Bladder Weakness
People with Level 2 bladder weakness usually look for products that securely and discreetly protect against daytime leaks, as well as occasional night time accidents. They are:
- Super-absorbent pads, which absorb heavy leaks while maintaining a light-pad feel. Compact and discreet, they help even the most active people manage daily bladder weakness.
- Underwear like iD Intime features a real-fabric feel, which feels like real underwear for a breathable, close fit. It is the newest innovation for women to have discreet protection underwear and feminine design.
- Absorbent underwear, which offers thorough protection against leaks and accidents. When you are looking for something discreet and supportive, there are iD Pants for men and women to give you freedom to actively live your life. The pants that are breathable meaning air can easily pass through the waist band can go in length to provide comfort and avoid any kind of skin rashes.
Level 3: Total Incontinence
People with Level 3 bladder weakness may often have other health conditions or mobility challenges. If you have Level 3 bladder weakness, you…
- …struggle to stay active due to your bladder weakness, or due to a condition that accompanies it.
- …attempt to get to the toilet but are sometimes too late.
- …have trouble controlling your bladder during the day, as well as at night.
Products for People with Level 3 Bladder Weakness
People with Level 3 bladder weakness require dependable protection against heavy day- and nighttime leaks. They are:
- All-in-One Slips, which are made to control heavy incontinence in people who are bed bound, or who have limited mobility. Double wetness indicators provide guidance as to when the product needs changed while an anti-leak barrier prevents leaks giving you extra security and peace of mind.
- Extra-absorbent bed pads, which are made of soft material, providing extra protection to the bed.
Beyond Levels: Hygiene for Bladder Weakness
Of course, at-home care for bladder weakness goes beyond protective pads and underwear: personal cleanliness and skin care play a major role. And while soap and water make a good start, more convenient solutions assure maximum cleanliness and dryness. Here are a few:
- Cleansing foam and cleansing milk, which don’t require water or rinsing to leave you or your patient feeling fresh and clean. Wet wipes provide the same freshness in a handy, re-sealable package.
- Zinc oxide ointment, which calms irritations and protects the skin with a hypoallergenic, moisturising formula.
- Moisturising body milk, which softens and moisturises skin after cleaning.
For over 40 years, Ontex – the manufacturer of iD – has provided individuals and professionals with the best hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested products for bladder weakness. Check out our full range here if you are ready to live life in full view.